viernes, 20 de septiembre de 2013

My youth exchanges

I started my exchanges this summer in Torry, Italy, I began a course of Training EVS Mentor, for one week I lived with young people from all Europe and all cultures, I learned a lot of what is a EVS mentor and how to be a good mentor, but I learned about other cultures and open my mind also.
The objectives  of the training course were to deepen knowledge about and reflect upon the concept of mentoring, to connect personal experience of being a volunteer with the concept of mentoring, to overview the tasks of and EVS mentor and learn practical ideas, tools and methods to be able to carry out these tasks efficiently, to experiment with tools and methods which can be used by mentors, to deeply understand and explore the EVS framework seeing the restriction and posibilities inherent in the structure (EVS as a project as before-during-after, separating the role of the mentor and that of the other parties involved in an EVS project, priorities of the programme, inclusion issues, recognising key comptecenes, Youthpass, etc. To connect participants, creating a supporting "network of mentor".
Now, I am in Ljubljana, Slovenia, in a EVS project "What Youht Can Do?",  I have been here for three weeks and this is a total change in my life. This is a oportunity, because I can develop  myself  in a work environment that leads me to new frontiers of knowledge and learning for a better development for my work and personal life.
I will stay in Slovenia for one year, so, here all things are new for me, I have to learn  fast and set goals, and achieve them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario